Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Traumatic Narcissism on the Road!

Greetings!  Since "Traumatic Narcissism: Relational Systems of Subjugation" was published in the Fall of 2014, over 2,000 copies have been sold - a big number, I'm told, for a book primarily intended for mental health professionals.

It's been especially gratifying to hear from so many readers who are not mental health pros, but who picked up the book because the title sounded like it would help them understand problematic relationships they've been involved in.  I've heard from many of these non-professional lay readers, and I am very moved and grateful to know that the book is making a difference not just to therapists, but at a grass roots level as well.

I've received and continue to receive many invitations to speak about the book:

In addition to 3 podcasts, that I've put up on my website (www.danielshawlcsw.com), I've spoken to the following groups:

IN NYC:  Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis; Mental Health Training Institute; New York State Society for Clinical Social Work; Women's Mental Health Consortium; National Institute for the Psychotherapies;

Tampa Bay Psychoanalytic group in Tampa, FL

SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse NY

And looking ahead, I'll be speaking at the IARPP conference in Toronto at the end of June 2015

In Santa Fe for the International Cultic Studies Association in the Fall of 2015

And doing several presentations in NYC in the Fall of 2015 and Winter 2016, including a Webinar for members of the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy

And a workshop in Los Angeles in Winter 2016 at the Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis.

I'm in the process of overhauling my website, but you can keep up with upcoming events there, at www.danielshawlcsw.com.

As always, I'm available for presentations and consultations, by phone, in person or by Skype!  Email me at danielshawlcsw@gmail.com

And Thank You to all of you who have supported and encouraged me in the writing and promotion of this book - it's truly heartwarming to know that the book is reaching and helping so many people.

Sincerely,
Dan Shaw

No comments :

Post a Comment